Saturday, December 16, 2006

solar hot water!

A large FedEx truck pulled up with my new solar water heating panels and components yesterday. It took us an hour and a half, a bruise on the shin, two crushed fingers, a popped lens on my glasses, and an aching back today to get those 906 pounds of stuff from the truck into my mom's garage. Actually two solar systems. My mom bought one too.

In the spring, brother David will drive his veggie VW Gulf down from Finland, Minnesota to install the systems. We are his guinea pigs! I'll get to learn how to do it. Or I'll learn how to deal with the sorrow of dropping a 160-pound panel from my 30-foot tall roof peak through the roof below!

Here is the system we bought - http://www.heliodyne.com/SHW/SHW.html

I'll post a picture of the FedEx truck driver later...

No comments: